Saturday, 5 October 2013

08:45 – Tropical storm Karen is close to being downgraded to a tropical depression. The rainfall forecast has been decreased to maybe 3 inches (7.5 cm) in coastal areas and less inland. Our local forecast now says there’s a 90% chance of rain Monday, but probably only an inch or so versus two or three times that originally. Barbara has guys coming Tuesday or Wednesday to plug and seed the yard, so they should have a nice damp yard to work on.

Kit sales have slowed noticeably. In the last seven calendar days we’ve shipped only 11 kits. If that rate holds up, we’ll ship maybe 50 kits this month. November will probably be slower still, but we should have a big jump in December. The good thing about the slowdown is that it gives me a bit of time to work on designing and prototyping new kits and writing manuals for them.