07:45 - Barbara and I worked all day yesterday building kits, and we’re in good shape again on finished-goods kit inventory. We have about two dozen each of the chemistry and biology kits ready to ship, and we got started on another batch of 30 chemistry kits. We’re also well into building the first batch of 30 forensic science kits.
I also made a very lucky catch last night. O’Reilly sent us two print copies of the forensic science book, and I was flipping through it last night while we were watching TV. I happened to notice that the instructions for one of the lab sessions told the reader to heat the 250 mL beaker in the microwave or on a hot plate. Hmmm. I was pretty sure that my preliminary bill of materials for the forensic science kit specified a 250 mL polypropylene beaker rather than glass. I checked, and sure enough the equipment list for the forensic kit listed the 250 mL PP beaker. If that had slipped through the kits would have shipped with the PP beaker and there would have been an epidemic of melted plastic beakers. So I changed the equipment list to substitute a 250 mL glass beaker. I hope that’s the only thing I overlooked.